Custom Search
Windsor,Ontario Canada

There are over 200 photos posted here so far. To view more photos click older post near the bottom of each page.



Holiday Beach Conservation Area

It only took a half hour around the pond and we saw three different Water Snakes, frogs, Butterflies a Mink and so much more. I love that place. One day I stalked a Blue Heron around the other pond which is south east from the Hawk Tower, for about two hours, they really don`t like people. I would creep up, and it would take flight to the other side of the pond, so I got up and went to the other side. I think he got tired of it and just kept walking by me near the end. I`ll never forget as I pressed the shutter button it looked at me while tilting his head from side to side.







This Northern Water Snake was just swimming about one foot from shore, it looked to be about 2 and a half feet in length.


                                                               
                           Northern Water Snake (Nerodia sipedon sipedion )

The Milksnake is listed as a "specially protected species" in schedules of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997. This Act prohibits hunting or trapping of this species, and it cannot be kept in captivity unless special permission is obtained from the Ministy of Natural Resources for the purposes of research or conservation management. I have not found one yet to photograph.


Northern Crescent (Phyciodes selenis)



1 comment:

  1. Your so called "Eastern Milk Snake" is not one. That is a Nerodia sipedon sipedion, or Northern Water Snake, and they are extremely common throughout the United States. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search