Custom Search
Windsor,Ontario Canada

There are over 200 photos posted here so far. To view more photos click older post near the bottom of each page.



Those Annoying Ticks









Top 3 Photos: Sony a230, Minolta 100-400mm
4.5-6.7 APO Lens



Deer Tick or Black Legged Tick and Dog Tick
WARNING!
I took these photos a couple of weeks ago on Easter weekend. I went out to Brighton beach area, Broadway st. West of highway 18, and North of Black Oak Heritage Park. And West of what I call Old Sandwich St. I was there for about 2 hours looking for the deer that I always see down there.
I went to the same area again today Saturday April 10, both times around 6:00pm. I didn't find much today though, but I did come home with a couple of little pests both times, theses pests are called  Ticks. I was lucky as I did not get bit.
The first time I was going to bed and found that one on my chest. The second time earlier today, I was aware now and as soon as I got home I sat down and felt the little bugger crawling up my leg, I was sitting on the couch and my knees were bent and it was crawling on my knee, were my pants were tight at the knees.They can crawl through the tightest areas. When I felt it I pulled up my pant leg and grabbed the tick and put him in a jar. I went into the washroom and stripped down and checked every were.
I used to live there in that exact area off of Broadway on Reed st. for a couple of years and never found a tick on me, now I go out there twice and both times find a tick on me.
So I thought I would warn any one who was thinking of going out there or people that go there. There is a dog park there on Broadway many people go to. So if you do, I would be careful with your dogs as they also can get Lime disease from ticks.
I myself will start using 100% Deet bug spray and is the best thing that can be done, I like to spray my clothes well and rub some on my skin and hair using my hands and spraying my hands only. As soon as I get home and know I won't return to any fields or wooded areas I take a shower and wash it off.
Be careful with using Deet bug sprays on children, read the directions, I've read that prolonged use can be harmful especially in young children and pregnant and lactating women.
I took a photo of the Tick. It was about the size of a match head, see below.
It wasn't easy taking this guys picture as he would not stay still. This one is a male dog tick.

Click for larger Photo




Top 2 Photos: Sony a230, 18-70mm Lens
I took this photo on Sat, April 10. Where dirt bike trails bend through this whole area. Ticks live among the taller grass.
I love the way the late afternoon light falls on these trees and the road as it bends around to the left and behind the trees. Early Spring vegetation brings a mystical look to it's colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search