Custom Search
Windsor,Ontario Canada

There are over 200 photos posted here so far. To view more photos click older post near the bottom of each page.



Sunday Drive

Sunday ended up being a beautiful day (April 11,2010.). I had a few things I had to do, but then after I said To my girlfriend Michele, "Lets go for a drive!" So we went home and both Nick and Michele gathered a few things and I grabbed all my photo gear. We headed south as far as we could go and then east. We found this place I had never been before called The John R. Homestead Conservation Area. Thought this place was pretty cool, although it was closed, it's still open to the public, I just could not ask questions as I like to do when I take photos. It was probably better as there where only two couples there then they left, and I only waited for a few minutes for them walk out of my view finder. I took quite a few photos, I love the old look of the 1800's. After that we went east as the sun was getting low I thought if I was to find anything else to photograph it would have to be soon so we went to Holiday beach, of course also closed but we just parked and I walked in. Michele wanted to stay in the car and read her book, Nick took Brandy our dog and went the other way as I walked towards the nearest water. I had to find my way through a wooded area with no trail but found water within a quarter mile. I did not see to much as the sun went down quickly. After about a half hour I decided to turn back. I thought i should look myself over for ticks and found one on my pant leg, then when I got back to the car I looked again, didn't find anymore but as we were driving one ended up on my arm some how. So I jumped in the shower as soon as I got home, I still haven't got any bug spray but it's the next thing on my list. I thought I'd ad some photos here, all are from the John R. Homestead Conservation Area.



Sony a230, Sony 18-70mm lens Nick and Brandy on the John R. Homestead Lakeshore Boardwalk.
I love that "painted" look. I know I use it to often.















I also got a photo of a Female Redwinged Black Bird,
so I thought I would ad a photo of her mate also, not the best male photo but It's all I could get, unless I chased him all over the property. As you can see he wasn't happy with my being there, the nest was only eight feet off the ground. I do not like to stress any wildlife, so I took this shot and stopped!


Female
Sony
a230 Minolta 100-400mm Lens
Both Photos


Male






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search